Emporia Life Phone info sought

August 28th, 2007 | by dnw |

Back here I wrote about the Emporia Life Phone.

The other day I got an email asking me about where to get one in Australia, which it appears you can’t.

Can anyone help shelly? Are you listening Emporia?

shelly wrote:

EMPORIA PHONE
These are not available in Australia at present and nobody I have spoken to,
even the blind institiue are aware of these phones. Please can you advise me
where the safest place would be to purchase one from overseas and have it sent
to australia. I am assuming that they would work over here. Any advice you
could give me would be greatly appreciated

FWIW, I found this info. from this pdf manual.

Emporia Telecom Produktionsund
Vertriebs- GmbH & CoKG
Industriezeile 36
4020 Linz, Austria
fon +43-732-77 77 17-512
fax +43-732-77 77 17-58
pressbutton@emporia.at
www.emporia.at

* *
  1. 6 Responses to “Emporia Life Phone info sought”

2. By Grace on Sep 5, 2007 | Reply

Hi I know if you go to http://www.emporialifephone.co.uk/ they will be able to help. I brought one for my sister and they were incredibly friendly and helpful.

I think there number is 08452177712.

I hope this helps.

Grace Adams

3. By Dave the Lifekludger on Sep 6, 2007 | Reply

Hi Grace, thanks for sharing your experience in this regard. I’ll look back and see if I can pass this onto Shelly, who was asking.

Regards, Dave – Lifekludger

4. By kees ambachtsheer on Jan 20, 2008 | Reply

hello,
    my son gave us an emporia phone,the manual that was included was however in German,our question : is there a dutch manual? if so ,pls publish or contact me where I can get my hands on it.Thanks from an older user.

5. By Elaine Hill on Jan 26, 2008 | Reply

I learnt about Emporia phoens when a friend recived one for a Christmas gift.
    I would love to be able to purches one for my mother who has difficulty see what she is dooing with the small mobiles and can use them with her hearing aid.
    This phone would be just right, But what a price! £169+, havent found anyone doing this model on contract, when you can get other more expencive ones that way free, Why Not I wonder?
    Elaine

6. By KaterinaO on Jul 16, 2012 | Reply

my mother hated this phone. too basic and the menus are worded weird – like it was translated. manual was useless. battery status fluctuates all the time so she never knows if it was charges. phone will beep in the middle of the night and she has to the battery out to stop it or she cant sleep. happens a few times a month. not reliable.

7. By dnw on Jul 16, 2012 | Reply

Thanks so much for your info. Great to get first-hand feedback.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.